Retired Stamps for Sale

Saturday, February 6, 2010

From long ago................a technique

I didn't get to craft today at all again, but I did want to share at least something with you.  It's a card I did a while ago with ink and folders run through my Big Shot.  Can't remember where I saw this but will definitely let you know when I do. .
So you ink one side of the folder, put in the cardstock, run it through the Big Shot.  Remove the cardstock and ink up with another color on the other side.  Slip the cardstock back in but don't worry about matching it up with the previous embossing.  You want it to be different since that's what gives you the neat pattern.


Looks cool huh - I love it.  I used Creamy Caramel and Close to Cocoa.  The folder image is layered on some Chocolate chip cardstock.

I watercolored the butterfly image with reinkers on watercolor paper and of course, I had to add some bling:)  Crystal effects was dabbed all over the flower to make it pop.  It was kind of blah without it.  Sponged around the oval with creamy caramel and a little chocolate chip, and popped up on dimensionals.
I definitely want to try this again with some spring/summer colors, and work on my watercoloring. 

I'm off to get some more organization done.  I want to at least dent my studio this weekend.
Thanks for stopping by and welcome to my new friends.
Hugs

ETA:  I forgot to mention in between each color on your folder, make sure you clean off with stamp cleaner or baby wipe. It may stain a little.

4 comments:

  1. I did this with black ink and it totally stained my folder. I had to use Stazon cleaner and it was so messy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous.. I woudl have never thought to use the cuttlebug folder that way.. may have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue this is beautiful! I love it- and I need to try this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEAUTIFUL! Love the sparkles on that butterfly.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you - I love to hear from you:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails