Retired Stamps for Sale

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

I didn't realize so much time had passed since I was last hear.  WOW - so sorry.  Time passes when you are having fun :) 

I have been working with my hubby.  He had a deadline to meet on the house he's been working on. He is a contractor/builder.  He had gutted a house and had to basically help the tenants come up with a plan to make it work better for their family.  The upstairs wasn't bad, but the basement definitely wouldn't work.  So he gut though whole thing and made a new floor plan.  Everything was going great until about 3 weeks ago.  A fire broke out in the attic. Seems the guy that used to live there did a really bad job on the electrical.  We were told the fire had been going and snuffing itself out for at least 2 years from what the Fire Dept could tell.  Anyway, long story short, the fire set the schedule back a couple of weeks.  The new owners, of course, had a timeline to move in as well.  So our sons and myself helped out.  I would work until school got out, I would pick up the kids and we would all then head over to the jobsite.  We finally did the last of it yesterday.  The only thing still waiting to come is the countertops which will be next week.  I'm glad it is done though and it was kind of cool with us all working together.
I left them this little housewarming gift since they had to wait an extra week to move in with the fire set back.

Aren't they cute?  I love them.  Here is a closeup.  

I think I will definitely do some sets like this for May Days.  Everyone loved them.  We're going to help them move in tomorrow so I will see what they thought then.

I also had a friend who I needed to send a sympathy card to.  I struggle sometimes to make them, as most do, but I knew I wanted to make it pretty and cheerful with color.

This is using the Stampin' Up! Elements of Style stamp set and Because I Care.  I used Marina Mist and Crumb Cake.  The image is stamped with black ink on Watercolor paper and clear embossed.  Watercolored with the stamp pads and a watercolor brush.  The butterflies embosslits was also used for the little butterfly, sponged and glittered.  The ribbon was tied into a bow using the Bow-Easy.  This little tool is so awesome.  You can tie 7 different sizes using this. I also misted the front with Smooch Spritz in a bronze color.  Took a few tries cause the first time was all over my fingers. LOL

That's it for today.  Thank you for stopping in. 
Wishing you all a Happy Easter!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you - I love to hear from you:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails