Retired Stamps for Sale

Friday, April 1, 2011

Thinking of you

Hello................glad you popped in. 
It has been raining so much here.  Some days of sunshine and it is warm when it shines. But I don't like this much rain.  Supposed to be nice this weekend so let's cross our fingers :)

Today I am going to share a card that was done but I forgot to share it with you.  I like to have "thinking of you" cards on hand to send out whenever I want to surprise someone.  I don't send them as often as I should, but plan on making lots more and sending lots more.


This stamp set is an oldie from Flourishes.  I have had it for awhile but not used it much.  This image along with the embossing folder has always reminded me of European buildings for some reason.  Maybe the stucco look and the shape of the window.  Not sure, but that's what I was going with.  Do you see that too?

Anyway, I stamped the shape of the window and cut it out.  Then did the same with the sad lady, even around her fingertips.  The little birdie is holding a cute love letter and was also cut out. Her shirt was also paper pieced.

The coloring was done with pencil crayons and gamsol.  Haven't used it in a long while so decided to try it. 

Now to get a few more of these made up.  I want to have a stash of cards, all occasions, ready to be used.  Now is the time the kids start going to birthday parties.  Not so much my boys (cause that ain't cool), but definitely my daughter. She's already gone to one last week and has another to go to in a week.  I always make the gift too so need to be prepped in plenty of time.  I make the girls the hooded beach towels this time of year with a journal and then a few other little things my daughter picks out. They always love the towels - yay!!

Well off I go, get my next sewing project done.  Nearly there and then some more cards.
Enjoy the weekend..................

1 comment:

  1. I haven't done the gamsol in ages either. Every once in a while Emily pulls it out and uses it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you - I love to hear from you:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails