Retired Stamps for Sale

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Giraffes & Star Wars

I can't believe how much time has passed since my last post.  Work is getting busy again and I've been filling orders. Since I posted the I-pad cover I made for my girlfriend, I have received 4 orders - three complete and one more to go.

I want to share with you two today that a friend of mine ordered for her daughter and son-in-law for Valentine's.  Her daughter's had to be "giraffe" type.  That was an easy fill since I had the perfect fabric and embroidery design  to use.  I love how it turned out.



This is the back (if you can see the tab that slips in the loop).  Here is the inside view and of course, she wanted her daughter's nickname inside as well.




This is the low-stand position.  Sorry I don't have an I-pad for display :(  And here is the embroidery - butterfly with giraffe print wings.  I love this one.  I also have a zebra and leopard print.  These look stunning on towels!!


And now on to Star Wars - this was a little more difficult to complete.  I didn't have any Star Wars fabric and had to go online searching.  The closest was Toronto and she was sold out of the print we wanted and then I found it in Oregon. I had 7days to get the fabric and complete it for the special day so we paid a lot of money for shipping to guarantee the pkg to be here in 3-5 days.  Well as it turned out, it was late and didn't arrive until the Friday after Valentine's.  The seller got it out that night, but for some reason after research and talking to USPS and CP, it took 6 days just to get to the Canadian border!!  Long story short, I am messaging the seller because she is the only one that can request a refund. Then she can give me the refund.  We will cross our fingers.  So on to the cover:


- the back while standing


- both standing positions



Needless to say, they were very happy and said they that it was totally worth the 2 days late.  That made me very happy.

Thanks for coming by to visit and before I go, you can check out my FB page - link on the right - to see my sponsor of one of these I-pads for giveaway.  If you aren't on FB, go here and check it out and all the other giveaways.  Just scroll down and you will see my giveaway.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you - I love to hear from you:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails