Retired Stamps for Sale

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

I {heart} Justin Bieber

No not me :)  My girlfriend's daughter is totally infatuated with him.  

I promised I would make her a little something to thank her for making my daughter a wooden sign that was decorated up with "One Direction".  Another boy band in case you hadn't heard of them.  Something for her in return.  Girls these days :)

Every girl should have a journal no matter what age.  I still use one - just not faithfully like I used to. It's good for them to put their thoughts down on paper sometimes to sort life out.  I found one of mine from when I was 10 and had just lost my mom.  I sat down and read through the whole thing.  Sure brought back a whole lot of feelings.  And kinda cool that I still had it to help me remember all that I went through.

So this is what I did for her.  She loves purple so I found a very pretty turquoise with purple.  Love the tropical look to it.  I found a Justin Bieber applique design too!


The elastic was definitely a good idea to keep it closed when not used.

I love this print - I am going to get some more in different colors.  

I attached a ribbon to mark her place when she needs to.

And of course, the embroidery close-up.

I really like how it turned out and I know she will.  I will add a pocket next time to the inside I think.  A place to hold some notes or photos.

And I may as well show you what I made her mom.  It is from the fabric collection: Free Spirit - Tula Pink - Saltwater (corals).  Love these beachy prints.  I let her choose which two she wanted and then I surprised her. 





I didn't have the proper gray to use so I went with coral color embroidery thread.  Blends a little too well I think, but I still love it.

Just completed another order - His 'n Her towels with Blowing Kisses penguins.  They will be going to Lorrie in AZ tomorrow I hope. Will share those with you soon :)

Until then, pop over to my Facebook page and you can look at all my projects there.  Be sure to LIKE my page if you stop by too.  Now to finish off a birthday gift, get started on my "baby boy basket" and I'm dying to sew up one of my embroidered totes.  It has been a while and I've got some stitched out ready to go together.

And remember...............


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you - I love to hear from you:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails