Retired Stamps for Sale

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Good evening!!!

Since I got here a little later than planned, I am going to do my best to keep this short(er).  LOL.

To start, I'm a little down.  Today was my birthday.  I don't mind telling you that I am 21 with 25 anniversaries (lol). You do the math:)  I'm upset cause the birthday presents that I ordered for myself didn't come today either.  I've been waiting it seems forever, but I'm crossing my fingers that they will be here at least by Friday so I can play in my studio this weekend.  Now I got that out of the way, let's get on with it.

As promised, my little model is here..... or her pictures are.  She dressed up just for me and I only have to pay her a "bubba" and a jar of peas for letting me take her picture.  Not tooo bad, huh.
So I got this pattern for Beanie Bibs off the internet.  They are adorable little bibs for holding the beanie or soother.  Top side is cotton, with a layer of batting and flannel underside.  They were great for catching drools too when teething.
Anyway, here is Presley.  She is 5 months old and a doll.  She is such a good baby and sleeps through the night from day one.  WOW!  So here, check it out:  The first one is the two I made, and I have more to do still. I'm thinking of doing some with embroidery pictures and little sayings like "spit happens", etc.



Isn't she a doll.  She was so co-operative .  You get the idea and you can see both the front and back, as well as the snap that holds the soother.  Pretty handy.  Thanks Presley..... and mom!!!

So since I am showing you baby items, which happens to be a favorite of mine to make, whether it be clothes or accessories, here is one more item I made a while ago.  I plan on making some more of these for sure with matching shoes. Keep in mind this was my first one and before I got my embroidery machine.
















Can you get how the whole little outfit goes together with snaps, on the bottoms section, under the arms and down the front.  You don't need to pull this one over their heads.  Just lay them on top and snap up.  I have lots of ideas for this one, especially the summer.

I hope you don't mind me sharing all these with you.  Let me know what you think. Hoping this post goes up on time before midnight so it posts on Wed.  Still getting used to that too.  Guess it wasn't all that short either.

Anyway, hope you are all staying warm.  If you drop by tomorrow, I will show you my top of the list project that I love to sew.  Any ideas????

Sweet dreams

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Sue! You have a wonderful blog here, I'm glad I stumbled across it by way of one of my fellow illustration-friday artists. God bless and happy new year as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue this is adorable,well both are.
    Oh I am sorry I missed your birthday! Happy Birthday my dear friend I need to add you to my calendar I think.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you - I love to hear from you:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails