Retired Stamps for Sale

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Thanks Notecards and TNT

BRRRRR!!! It is freezing outside. Blowing wind from the north and it's supposed to last a couple of days.  Not even getting in the pluses this week.  Yuck - I am sooo ready for the spring.  This winter is dragging too long.

Today I will show you a couple more thank you notecards I did.  I used Old Olive and Lovely Lilac. The punch is an old one from SU but has always been a favorite of mine. I added some stickles to the flourish on the butterfly too.  Really simple huh?

This is one of my favorites.  I love this quilt stamp set from SU!. I even colored it to match the colors I am using on my quilt now.  Chocolate chip background and the kiwi green are really close.  The orange I used on  my quilt is more burnt orange than this and same with the turquoise I used is much deeper and richer than this color.  
Once I get caught up on my quilt squares I will share them with you.  They are all done in the hoop and embroidered.  It is a 10 month class and once all the squares are all done, we put it together. It is going to look so awesome.  This is what the one in the quilt shop looks like, it's by Hoopsisters and called TNT.  Donna, our teacher, is the one that did this.  She has so much talent.  I love her colors she chose. Now if you can picture mine with chocolate background and the other colors are mixed in. I will show you some of my squares soon. The new one I start on Saturday is called Goose Tracks and has much more embroidery.  I chose spring colors for it.  You really need to see them up close to appreciate the detail. Both classes are being taken at Linda's Quilt Shoppe.

 

This is Goose Tracks - the one I will be starting but different colors:


Well, with that being said, I better go get on my homework.  Lots to stitch before Saturday:)

Stay warm.........


 
 

2 comments:

Thank you - I love to hear from you:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails